Out October 20th on Sumerian Records
Veil of Maya has announced the release of their highly anticipated new album False Idol due out October 20, 2017 via Sumerian Records. What’s to be their heaviest, most hypnotic, and hardest album yet, Veil of Maya is breaking new ground with this record and False Idol is available for pre-order HERE. Additionally, the band recently premiered their new video for their first powerful single off of the record “Overthrow” which is available to listen and watch HERE.
Lead vocalist Lukas Magyar shares, “The whole album is told from a first-person perspective. You’re following this character rise to power and he is not the nicest man. You’ll have to listen in order to find out how it ends. The storyline is very dark.” Veil of Maya formed back in 2004 in the suburbs of Chicago, IL, and has been a staple in the metal genre for the past 13 years. They keep fans on their toes and craving more by pushing boundaries through their ability to mix progressive, melodic death, thrash and hardcore metal together in a seamless and effective way.
The band’s approach to recording this record differed from previous, as this was the first time they were writing with Magyar’s voice in mind. Magyar was writing on spot with vocal producer Brandon Paddock (The Used, Panic! At The Disco, Escape the Fate), while the rest of the band teamed up with producer Max Schad in another studio, and then merged forces. Magyar explains that they “wanted to create something fresh,” and they “didn’t recycle the same old thing – it’s a new beginning.”
Marc Okubo, guitarist and original band members shares, “False Idol is our most dynamic release as of yet. This is the largest amount of material we have ever packed into one album and we are so proud to share it with everyone. We feel that there is something for fans of all the various genres of metal, while still continuing to build on the classic Veil of Maya sound.”
The band has also announced that they are going to be hitting the road later this month for a North American tour accompanying The Devil Wears Prada, Silent Planet, and Thousand Below, kicking off in Millvale, PA on September 29, and ending in their hometown of Chicago, IL on November 4 hitting 31 cities over the course of the tour. Tickets are now on sale through various retailers.
Reputable outlets such as Alternative Press and New Noise Magazine have recognized the band’s previous work. Veil of Maya‘s last album Matriarch came in at #2 on the Billboard US Hard Rock Chart, and #3 on the Billboard Independent Album Chart. They have shared the stage with bands in the metal genre such as Animals As Leaders, Upon a Burning Body, Chelsea Grin, in addition to other large names when the band hit the road with Warped Tour in 2016.
No Sun/No Moon Tour Dates:
- 9/29 – Millvale, PA @ Mr. Small’s Theatre
- 9/30 – Detroit, MI @ St. Andrew’s Hall
- 10/1 – Cleveland, OH @ Agora Theatre
- 10/2 – Toronto, ON @ Phoenix Concert Theatre
- 10/3 – Montreal, QC @ La Tulipe
- 10/5 – New York, NY @ The Gramercy Theatre
- 10/6 – Worcester, MA @ The Palladium
- 10/7 – Philadelphia, PA @ Trocadero Theatre
- 10/8 – Baltimore, MD @ Baltimore Sound Sage
- 10/10 – Norfolk, VA @ Norva
- 10/11 – Charlotte, NC @ The Underground
- 10/12 – Atlanta, GA @ The Masquerade
- 10/13 – Orlando, FL @ The Plaza Live
- 10/14 – Lake Park, FL @ Kelsey Theatre
- 10/15 – Tampa, FL @ The Orpheum
- 10/16 – Pensacola, FL @ Vinyl Music Hall
- 10/18 – Nashville, TN @ Marathon Music Works
- 10/20 – Dallas, TX @ The Door (Album release show)
- 10/21 – Houston, TX @ Scout Bar
- 10/22 – San Antonio, TX @ Paper Tiger
- 10/24 – Albuquerque, NM @ Sunshine Theatre
- 10/25 – Mesa, AZ @ Nile Theatre
- 10/26 – Pomona, CA @ The Glass House
- 10/27 – Los Angeles, CA @ Teragram Ballroom
- 10/28 – San Diego, CA @ Soma
- 10/29 – Sacramento, CA @ Ace of Spades
- 10/31 – Salt Lake City, UT @ The Complex
- 11/1 – Denver, CO @ The Summit Music Hall
- 11/2 – Omaha, NE @ Slowdown
- 11/3 – Minneapolis, MN @ Skyway Theatre
- 11/4 – Chicago, IL @ Bottom Lounge
Tour admat available for download HERE
Over the years, many members have come and gone. Today, Veil of Maya is Marc Okubo (Guitar), Sam Applebaum (Drums), Danny Hauser (Bass), and Lukas Magyar (Vocals).